I am a corporate/commercial lawyer with 12 years’ experience gained at DLA Piper (the world’s largest law firm), Virgin, ITV Plc and as Legal Director and main board director of an international property company. I founded lawyers4mumpreneurs in early 2010.
I was runner up in the Law Society’s Solicitor of the Year Award 2011 and was also shortlisted in their Excellence in Client Service Award.
I was voted runner up in the Solicitor of the Year category at the most prestigious national legal awards, the Lawyer Awards.
I was included in the 2009 Young Business Leaders edition of Who’s Who of Britain’s Business Elite and the 2010 Who’s Who of Britain’s Business Leaders.
I was voted Mumpreneur Advocate in the Mumsclub Awards 2012.
I won the Best Supporting Business Award in the Mumpreneur UK Awards 2011.
I was a finalist in the EWIF (Encouraging Women Into Franchising) Awards for the Franchise Service Provider Award in 2011 and 2012.
I was a finalist in the Women on Their Way Women in Law Award 2010.
Examples of my experience prior to setting up Lawyers4Mumpreneurs is set out below.
- Advising on franchises and operations in the UK, Monaco, Morocco, India, Pakistan and France
- Group refinancings
- Sponsorship agreement with the Princes Trust
- Group contract with T Mobile and Microsoft
- Business restructurings
- Employment, consultancy and secondment agreements
- Company secretary for all group companies
- Numerous high value, complex agreements for broadcasting and IT services.
- Numerous share sales, joint ventures and investments
- Numerous technical outsourcings
- Share buy backs
- Regular company advice to the boards of blue chip companies
- Advising on advertising agreements
- Advising on employment, competition and intellectual property matters
- Advising on TUPE and redundancies
- Advising on competition regulation